INCOME TAX PREPARATION
I prepare high-quality tax returns for individuals (Form 1040), corporations, LLCs, partnerships, trusts, payroll, Forms 1099, and more. IRS tax compliance is so important today. Let me help you sleep at night by managing and reducing your IRS risk by reporting your income and deductions properly and accurately on a professionally-prepared tax return. I’ve been preparing tax returns for over 23 years and have seen just about everything. Our politicians constantly promise “tax simplification” and a tax return so easy to prepare it can be filed on a post-card. Did you know that the latest post-card form attempt resulted in six new additional schedule attachments to the 2018 Form 1040? N’uff said!
TAX PLANNING AND ADVISORY
- Quarterly IRS estimated tax and preparing income tax projections; focusing on self-employed and small business owners;
- Tax impact of income and deductions, contributions, major purchases and sales of investments;
- Tax ramifications of real estate dealings and 1031 like-kind property exchanges;
- Choice of business entity and business ownership structuring involving tiered entities, LLCs, partnerships, and trusts
- Retirement planning options;
- Taxation of employee stock options and restricted stock exercises;
- Tax consequences of acquiring and selling existing businesses and business assets;
- Tax efficiency of proposed gifts and charitable contribution strategies;
- Programs for planning for college;
- International taxation, foreign investments and related reporting (e.g. FBAR), expatriation, and cross-border transactions;
- Taxation of U.S. investments and source income for non-U.S. residents and expats
- Estate and trust tax planning.
- Professional gamblers and professional poker players
- Real estate rentals, agents, developers, flippers, brokers, and investors
- Health care, medical groups, physicians, dentists, attorneys, and other consulting services
- Retail and restaurant
ACCOUNTING & BOOKKEEPING
IRS DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The U.S. federal tax code is one of the most complicated, ever-changing systems on earth. Plus, Nevada and the other states also of course have their own tax regimes. All this has ramifications for business and individuals. With this extreme complexity lies lots of room for controversy. I navigate these complexities and negotiations all the time, and can help you achieve the best possible outcome.
“Don’t ever walk into court without an attorney!” is one of my Dad’s favorite sayings. “There shall be no taxation without representation!” cried our nation’s founding fathers. Hire me to represent you before the tax authorities, whether its an IRS or state audit, other routine mail correspondence, penalty abatement request, tax collection installment arrangement, or a potential Offer in Compromise negotiation. I understand and am familiar with the process, will lay out the best options, and set realistic expectations.
LLC FORMATION AND REGISTERED AGENT, BUSINESS START UP AND CONSULTING
Choosing the form of entity of a business (such as an S corporation, C corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, etc.) is a crucial decision that can have long-standing tax and other business implications. Let me guide you in this business formation process before you step in any traps!
Considering recent major tax reform, the reduction in the corporation tax rate, and a new 20 percent tax deduction for S corporations, these services are needed now more than ever before!
Perhaps you recently set up a shiny, brand new LLC and a friend at a cocktail party told you, “Oh no, my accountant says you have to be an S corporation to save taxes!” Well, I’ll usually agree with that friend, even if she had a few too many martini’s. But did you know an LLC can also be an S corporation in the eyes of the IRS, at the same time? I’ll show you how to navigate these special IRS election rules and plan tax savings properly.
I can assist you with setting up and registering your business incorporation, if a Nevada LLC or corporation is the right fit for you. If your situation is more complex, I know when we should value the addition of a legal expert to our Team, with my expertise leading from the tax side. Often we need a team of expert advisers in this area, and my business network includes quite a few good ones.
I also have valuable experience advising on the tax consequences of buying and selling business enterprises and handling sales tax and other business state tax issues. As my client, I don’t want you to make a major business or financial move without me. I know that oftentimes the business owner feels alone and like no one’s listening! Use me to bounce off ideas and brainstorm! Chances are, I’ve helped someone in the same boat.